Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dearest Body of Mine

This is a letter I got from Golda Poretsky.  I thought it was awesome enough to share:

Dearest Body,

After careful thought and considerations, I hereby promise to:
  • honor you as the temple of my soul
  • offer you healthy food and drinks
  • realize that you deserve to be healthy
  • love and appreciate you for what you do, just as you are
  • accept that I have the power to heal you
  • adorn you with beautiful, comfortable clothes and shoes
  • realize that laughter, play, and rest help you feel good
  • exercise appropriately for my body type and temperament
  • accept you and be grateful for you just the way you are
  • listen to messages you are sending me when you are hurt or sick
  • understand that my unexpressed emotions and thoughts affect you.
I love you so much,

_________________________

What would you add to the list?  What kind of commitments are you making to your body, consciously or unconsciously?  Are your thoughts and feelings about your body positive like this, or more negative?  How do these thoughts and feelings impact you, or your body?  How would you like to think or feel about your body?

Let's have a conversation.

No comments: